Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of registration
- Each delegate wishing to attend a conference, course or event as organised by BESS must register on-line via the website bess.org.uk.
- Please ensure you have read and are in agreement with our privacy statement.
- The name of each delegate and their institution only will be available to other delegates and our exhibitors. We will not disclose any contact details unless you request us to do so.
- Block bookings are NOT permitted.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration. Booking payments should be made within 14 days of the original registration after which there is the risk of removal. Your place will not be confirmed until payment is made.
- Payment is to be made by the individual registering.
- Methods of payment are through Worldpay via credit or debit card.
- All course package rates are strictly for one person only and cannot be shared.
- The early bird rates are specified on the registration fees page for the course you are registering for. After this date the rates are increased.
- Substitution is possible but should a non-member replace a member the appropriate supplement will be charged. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Notification of any amendment, cancellation or substitution must be made in writing (email) to email@example.com
- See refund policy on adjacent tab
- The British Elbow & Shoulder Society will not be held responsible for
- (a) Any reason outside its control should the conference, course or event not be able to commence or be curtailed early.
- (b) Any loss or damage to personal items of any delegate or accompanying person or any other loss or injury caused to a delegate or accompanying person during or in connection with the conference, course or event.
- (c) Its inability to accept a booking for the conference, course or event due to it being over-subscribed.
- (d) For arranging any special diet, medical requests etc, of delegate or accompanying persons but will endeavour to do so if these requirements are advised to BESS at the time of registration.
- (a) Accommodation at hotels/universities is subject to availability. BESS will not be held responsible for any delegate not being able to reserve a room at the selected conference, course or event accommodation. All reservations must be made directly with your choice of accommodation provider as clearly detailed on the accommodation pages.
- (b) Each delegate is responsible for settling their own accounts along with any “extras” ie telephone calls, newspapers ,bar charges , additional meals etc directly with their accommodation provider.
The refund policy complies currently with the EU Distance Selling Directive (2000) and is part of UK law under the Consumer Protection Regulations (2000) that relate to distance selling. It applies to all UK based transactions where the consumer does not meet the vendor. These regulations do not cover contracts between businesses.
- Final day of booking is the Friday of the week prior to conference, course or event.
- Final cooling off period ends on the Friday of the conference, course or event.
Consumer rights/conference, course and event venue contracts
Following your online payment you have a 7 day cooling off period during which time you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund.
- If you request a refund outside of the 7 day cooling off period, a refund will be provided minus an administration fee of £30.00.
- Any withdrawals/cancellations outside of the final 7 day cooling off period after this date will receive no refund.
- BESS strongly advises delegates to ensure they have appropriate travel insurance cover just in case they cannot make the conference and have to withdraw.
- Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel your purchase within the 7 day cooling off period please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As described above refunds will be made directly to a Bank account nominated by you providing a sort code, account number, name on account.
If you have any queries or require further information please contact BESS office at email@example.com or by telephone 020 7269 5200